Head of Environment, Ecology & Sustainability, Principal Environmental Consultant
- Create sustainability strategies and frameworks at concept and early design stages
- Facilitate sustainability workshops and deliver training in order to get buy-in from project teams/ leadership and embed sustainability through visions, processes and values.
- Carry out sustainability appraisals and assessments
- Create and implement Sustainable Delivery Plans (SDPs)
- Conduct Sustainability Design Audits.
- Provide sustainability insights and thought leadership, particularly around carbon, biodiversity and resource management.
- Licensed assessor organisation for BREEAM and CEEQUAL environmental assessment methods
- Carbon Footprinting
- Bespoke sustainability training packages
- IEMA certified courses ‘Leading with Environmental Sustainability’, ‘Making the transition to ISO 14001:2015’, ‘Managing with Sustainability’ and ‘Auditing ISO14001:2015’
- Environment Management
- Waste & Resource Management
Read more about the available courses and topics on our training page.
- Desktop study including acquisition of data from records centres
- Ecological walkover surveys and enhancements
- Advice on implications of protected species and legal protection
- Applications for European Protected Species (EPS) mitigation licence (submitted to NE)
- Recommendations with regards to methods statements to ensure legislative compliance and minimise impacts
- Recommendations and implementation of translocation programmes
- Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) supervision including tree felling and structural demolition/alterations as programme critical milestones for construction in both rail and non-rail environments
- Providing team briefings and toolbox talks regarding the potential for protected species and the procedures involved with reporting
Carbon Management is increasingly seen as a key element of commercial success and an opportunity to design lean projects, that make the most of the resources. It is increasingly clear that cutting carbon cuts costs. We have multi-disciplinary capability on carbon through our Environment, Mechanical, Architecture teams across various project stages from concept through to design and construction. In support of this we also sit on the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) steering group for Climate Change and Energy Network and are proud to offer insights on climate change and energy and to be involved influencing the agenda. We can help you deliver high-quality carbon reduction programmes and offer the following services:
- Carbon assessments, plans and reports
- Carbon training
- Facilitating carbon workshops, to deliver WRAP Design for Resource Efficiency
- BREEAM & CEEQUAL – advice on carbon
- Land use planning projects
- Ecological investigations
- Environmental impact assessments, features and consents
- Design & Construction Site Waste Management Plans
- Site categorisation and contamination land assessments
- Materials Management Plans
- Technically Competent Person for supervising low-risk waste activities on site through the CIWM/WAMITAB Operator Competence Scheme
- BREEAM & CEEQUAL – advice on materials management and waste
- Facilitating WRAP Design for Resource Efficiency workshops
- Asbestos surveying and management
- Environmental Management System waste audits
- Support and advice on waste permits and consents
- Section 61 applications
- Waste exemptions
- Waste permits
- Flood Defence Consents
- Protected Species Licences
We have new projects coming in all the time, so if you’d like to be a part of our team then we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our career page to see what openings we currently have.
Get in touch if you have a question or would like to explore how our technical experts could help you realise your organisation's dreams.