CIWM Waste Smart Advanced LevelThis course is aimed at providing kowledge and understanding on reducing costs, aid compliance and improve management of wastes and increase sustainability performance
This course aims to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to:
- Reduce costs and aid compliance by preventing wastes arising from workplace activities;
- Improve the management of wastes that are unavoidable; and
- Increase the sustainability performance of your business
Who’s it for?
The Advanced course is for anyone whos responsibility it is to manage waste as a resource and reduce waste, thereby saving money and resources whilst improving compliance.
As well as containing the same content as the Foundation certificate, the Advanced course includes three additional sessions. Every organisation has a different way of dealing with their waste based on the type and amount that is produced, and the Advanced option is aimed at delegates who role deals predominately with the management of wastes within their business, and whose decisions have the ability to influence a significant level of change within company policy and routine.
The course comprises of eight sessions including:
- Waste as a Resource and What is Waste?
- The Environmental Impact of Waste
- The Cost of Managing Waste
- Understanding and Applying the Waste Hierarchy
- Legislation and how to ensure compliance with the law
- How to identify opportunities to reduce waste in the workplace
- Managing resources and wastes in the workplace
- How to demonstrate improvements
On completion of this course, learners will have:
- Knowledge to help you identify improvements in resource and waste management
- Understanding of where and how to make those improvements
- Skills to implement those improvements and demonstrate their impact to others
- A certificate to demonstrate successful achievement of the course
Click here for full details
Choose to attend a listed course date or talk to us about your training needs on 01904 454 600
We can deliver any of the courses at your premises and on preferred dates and times
About TSP Projects
TSP, standing for Technical Solutions in Partnership, is a multi-disciplinary solutions business that provides a full range of services from consultancy, design and engineering to installation and onsite project management. TSP Projects have extensive engineering capabilities, a substantial portfolio of projects and a leading capability in delivering innovative solutions.
Connecting with you
Get in touch if you have a question or would like to explore how our technical experts could help you realise your organisation’s dreams.
We have new projects coming in all the time, so if you’d like to be a part of our team then we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our vacancy page to see what openings we currently have.