CIWM Waste Smart Foundation LevelThis course is aimed at providing knowledge and understanding on reducing costs, aid compliance and improve management of waste and increase sustainability performance.
This course aims to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to:
- Reduce costs and aid compliance by preventing wastes arising from workplace activities;
- Improve the management of wastes that are unavoidable; and
- Increase the sustainability performance of your business
Who’s it for?
The Foundation course is designed for people new to waste or those who handle or manage waste within their organisation. It is also suitable for students who wish to compliment academic learning with a professional certificate.
- Waste as a Resource and What is Waste?
- The Environmental Impact of Waste
- The Cost of Managing Waste
- Understanding and Applying the Waste Hierarchy
- Legislation and how to ensure compliance with the law
On completion of this course, learners will have:
- Understanding of why improving resource and waste management is important
- Knowledge of key regulations and understanding of the responsibilities of those directly involved in managing waste
- Understanding of how resource management can be improved through reducing waste in the workplace
- Skills to identify improvements in your workplace
- A certificate to demonstrate successful achievement of the course
Click here for full details
Choose to attend a listed course date or talk to us about your training needs on 01904 454 600
We can deliver any of the courses at your premises and on preferred dates and times
Other courses which may be of interest.
About TSP Projects
TSP, standing for Technical Solutions in Partnership, is a multi-disciplinary solutions business that provides a full range of services from consultancy, design and engineering to installation and onsite project management. TSP Projects have extensive engineering capabilities, a substantial portfolio of projects and a leading capability in delivering innovative solutions.
Based in the UK, with our head office in York supported by three regional offices in Birmingham, Manchester and Reading, our consultancy business is made up of several engineering discipline teams that collaborate on projects to provide the right mix of technical excellence for your project needs.
Connecting with you
Get in touch if you have a question or would like to explore how our technical experts could help you realise your organisation’s dreams.
We have new projects coming in all the time, so if you’d like to be a part of our team then we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our vacancy page to see what openings we currently have.