Policies & EthicsTSP Projects adheres to a list of “General Business Principles”, which concern guiding principles on integrity and ethics in business conduct. They govern TSP Project’s business decisions and actions throughout its organisation.
Our service is underpinned by the following:
We place Clients at the centre of our business activities and we aim to deliver on our promises.
We appoint account managers to develop strong relationships with each of our clients to ensure effective communication, full understanding and continuous improvement in our service based on client feedback.
Project Delivery & Engineering Management
We tailor the management of each commission according to its risks and complexity and appoint experienced staff to 3 key roles:
- Project Manager: responsible for fully understanding and delivering the client’s requirements.
- Project Engineer: responsible for managing technical interfaces to produce fully integrated deliverables.
- Lead Engineer: responsible for each technical element of a project.
Technical Competence and Standards
A nominated Professional Head is responsible for establishing and maintaining standards and competence within each technical discipline.
We aim to improve our Business, Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental performance through the establishment of annual objectives and targets based on measured performance benchmarked against internal and external sources including BS EN ISO 9001:2015; BS EN ISO 14001:2015, BS OHSAS 18001:2007, PAS 99:2012, and Investors in People standards.
We employ lean thinking techniques as a means of achieving continuous improvement. Our aim is to have 100% of our staff involved in continuous improvement initiatives which are established to attain best practice whilst ensuring that we meet the requirements of all current legislation, regulation and codes of practice.
We ensure effective management of our suppliers through performance measurement and by developing closer working relationships.
Our supplier approval process includes regular reviews and measures including quality, safety and environmental performance where appropriate.
We are committed to the training and development of our staff. We use Investors in People principles.
Our Line Managers have prime responsibility for the Safety, Welfare and Personal Development of each member of their team and for setting clear goals and objectives through our annual appraisal system.
We aim to provide equal opportunity for all our people.
We are committed to maximising the involvement and participation of our people in the running of our business and aim to create opportunities for personal professional development. We strive for open and honest communication through accessible managers, team meetings, briefings, the intranet, Staff Suggestion Scheme and Health & Safety Committees.
Health & Safety
Our health and safety management system forms part of our Business Management System and is certified to BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and PAS 99:2012.
We believe that all our activities can be undertaken safely and we will never compromise safety.
We encourage a positive health and safety culture and conduct our business in a way that ensures the
health and well-being of our employees, contractors and any person affected by our activities.
Our separate Health and Safety Policy Statement explains our approach in more detail.
Our environmental management system forms part of our Business Management System and is certified to
BS EN ISO 14001:2015 and PAS 99:2012.
We recognise that conducting our business will give rise to a range of environmental impacts, which must
be identified, evaluated and reduced wherever possible. We strive to ensure the prevention of pollution.
Sustainability will be integrated into our business activities and operations through policy and procedures
and staff awareness.
Our separate Environmental Policy Statement explains our approach in more detail.
Our quality management system, which has been in operation since 1992, forms part of our integrated
Business Management System and is certified to BS EN ISO 9001:2015 and PAS 99:2012. The system is
designed to ensure we deliver a consistent service that meets client’s requirements.
Our separate quality policy statement explains our approach in more detail.
Review & Communication
This policy is reviewed annually as part of our Business System Review and its contents and arrangements
for implementation communicated to all our staff through briefings and the intranet.
This policy is made available to our clients, suppliers, partners and the public.
Revision Date: April 2016
Through our integrated Business Management System, we will:
- Implement sound environmental and sustainability management practices during each stage of project development from inception through to completion to protect heritage, habitats and other natural features and promote opportunities for biodiversity enhancement.
- Encourage and demonstrate sustainable, whole-life approaches to the built environment in all our design and construction practices.
- Maximise resource efficiency, reduce our contribution to climate change through effective energy, water and carbon management and minimise or eliminate noise, waste and other harmful emissions to land, air and water.
- Set challenging but realistic objectives and targets on an annual basis, monitor and ensure continual improvement in our environmental and sustainability performance and the prevention of pollution.Comply with and, where possible, go beyond the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Maintain certification to the Environmental Management System – BS EN ISO 14001:2015 standard in all of our UK-based offices.
- Positively develop our staff to raise awareness of sustainability principles and tools available.
- Encourage all our suppliers and sub-contractors to maximise their environmental and sustainability performance.
- Reduce waste, consumption of resources and energy in our offices and take account of the environmental impacts when making decisions associated with our business travel.
All our staff have a crucial role to play in reducing the environmental impacts and improving the sustainable performance of our company. We are wholeheartedly committed to ensuring their environmental awareness, through appropriate training at all levels within the organisation, together with regular updates on legislation and other relevant issues. Our policy is communicated to all of our staff, our clients, suppliers, project partners, and other wider stakeholders to demonstrate our environmental commitment.
This policy is reviewed annually to ensure that the arrangements meet current legislation, sustainable best practice and the needs of our business and clients.
Revision Date: April 2016
We want a diverse and gender balanced workforce with opportunities for everyone.
In order to deliver technical excellence and remain competitive we must recruit the best people for our roles.
We are committed to addressing the gender gap and supporting women in the workplace.
Download our Gender Pay Gap Report
We have new projects coming in all the time, so if you’d like to be a part of our team then we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our career page to see what openings we currently have.
Get in touch if you have a question or would like to explore how our technical experts could help you realise your organisation's dreams.