Head of Environment, Ecology & Sustainability, Principal Environmental Consultant
Our team has extensive experience in carrying out environmental and ecological surveys and assessments, producing environmental management plans, sustainable design plans and undertaking accredited sustainability assessments in BREEAM and CEEQUAL. We work closely with a wide range of statutory and non-statutory bodies including the Environment Agency, Historic England and Natural England to identify potential environmental constraints including any licensing, planning or consent requirements and advise designers accordingly. Our core services include:
V5 Licensed Assessors
Leeds RERF Assessors CEEQUAL Excellent
TSP Projects are experts in sustainable design, construction and management. We seek to provide solutions which consider life-cycle thinking and take a truly multi-disciplinary approach to tackling the risks and opportunities presented by a global decline in natural capital, the rising costs of non-renewable resources and the impacts of climate change. We provide sustainable solutions throughout the lifecycle of a project: planning, implementation, operation/management and end-of-life. Our services include:
- Create sustainability strategies and frameworks at concept and early design stages
- Facilitate sustainability workshops and deliver training in order to get buy-in from project teams/ leadership and embed sustainability through visions, processes and values.
- Carry out sustainability appraisals and assessments
- Create and implement Sustainable Delivery Plans (SDPs)
- Conduct Sustainability Design Audits.
- Provide sustainability insights and thought leadership, particularly around carbon, biodiversity and resource management.
- Licensed assessor organisation for BREEAM and CEEQUAL environmental assessment methods
- Carbon Footprinting
- Bespoke sustainability training packages
- IEMA certified courses ‘Leading with Environmental Sustainability’, ‘Making the transition to ISO 14001:2015’, ‘Managing with Sustainability’ and ‘Auditing ISO14001:2015’
It has always been one of our aspirations to share our knowledge and experience and this year, following some substantial investment in our team’s capability and in collaboration with IEMA, we’re proud to introduce training as our newest service edition. We are now set to deliver short and tailored courses from York and our regional training centre courses focusing on:
- Environment Management
- Waste & Resource Management
Read more about the available courses and topics on our training page.
Are you hoping to achieve your ISO ISO14001:2015 accreditation?
Our team of environmental experts can support you through the whole process to ensure a successful outcome.
We deliver a bespoke service to suit your business and the legal requirements you are governed by. We’ll start off by reviewing all relevant processes, documentation and policies to ensure compliance to legal standards. This can be supported by personnel interviews (where appropriate) and site visits.
We offer a guiding hand to accreditation – once the thorough review is complete, any non-conformities together with recommended actions will be provided.
Why choose TSP Projects?
• Our team of environmental experts are all highly qualified and accredited by IEMA and CIWM
• We deliver a bespoke audit process to suit your business resulting in less wasted time, relevant recommendations and ultimately a less stressful path to obtaining accreditation
• We’ll guide you through the whole process to secure a positive outcome
• We offer a competitively priced route to accreditation
Ultimately, we’re here to protect you and your business, ensuring that you are legally compliant. By working in partnership with your business we’ll help you deliver positive improvements to achieve an accreditation which in turn will bring credibility and reduced liability.
If you would like further information on environmental auditing and what it means to your business, please email Sustainability@tspprojects.co.uk
Great Crested Newt
TSP Projects have a team of qualified ecologists who are experienced in providing all levels of species surveys and habitat assessments, covering protected species including badgers, bats and birds to reptiles, newts, protected & invasive species. Our team’s expertise also extends to habitat creation and biodiversity enhancement and is able to draw on, when required, multi-disciplinary support and a network of trusted sub-consultants. Depending on the need we can provide:
- Desktop study including acquisition of data from records centres
- Ecological walkover surveys and enhancements
- Advice on implications of protected species and legal protection
- Applications for European Protected Species (EPS) mitigation licence (submitted to NE)
- Recommendations with regards to methods statements to ensure legislative compliance and minimise impacts
- Recommendations and implementation of translocation programmes
- Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) supervision including tree felling and structural demolition/alterations as programme critical milestones for construction in both rail and non-rail environments
- Providing team briefings and toolbox talks regarding the potential for protected species and the procedures involved with reporting
Carbon Management is increasingly seen as a key element of commercial success and an opportunity to design lean projects, that make the most of the resources. It is increasingly clear that cutting carbon cuts costs. We have multi-disciplinary capability on carbon through our Environment, Mechanical, Architecture teams across various project stages from concept through to design and construction. In support of this we also sit on the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA) steering group for Climate Change and Energy Network and are proud to offer insights on climate change and energy and to be involved influencing the agenda. We can help you deliver high-quality carbon reduction programmes and offer the following services:
- Carbon assessments, plans and reports
- Carbon training
- Facilitating carbon workshops, to deliver WRAP Design for Resource Efficiency
- BREEAM & CEEQUAL – advice on carbon
At TSP Projects, we believe that a collaborative, integrated approach is key to the successful delivery of BREEAM or CEEQUAL. We pride ourselves on our ability to foster open, transparent dialogue between parties and actively engage with project teams and wider stakeholders to provide tailored solutions that deliver both technical and sustainable excellence and result in robust, high value, resilient assets for our clients. Our qualified and licensed Assessors have extensive experience in supporting project teams through every step of these schemes, from pre-assessment through to final post-construction certification. In addition to this, our design teams have a wealth of experience in producing compliant reports, drawings and specifications including low/zero carbon feasibility studies and acoustic reports.
We currently use GIS to map environmental features, measure distances of design elements to environmental constraints and display data to clients. GIS enables effective decision making, as environmental data can be imported into engineering design models, this helps to influence design to minimise environmental impacts. GIS mapping reduces costs through the ability to directly use statutory data in drawings without the need to trace it. GIS also provides time savings when calculating proximity of environmental constraints to proposed infrastructure and managing environmental consents during a project. Using GIS we can offer the following mapping services for:
- Land use planning projects
- Ecological investigations
- Environmental impact assessments, features and consents
We understand the principles of circular economy and through this understanding, we bring a holistic approach to the design and management of resources and waste. TSP Projects offer a wide range of capabilities and services:
- Design & Construction Site Waste Management Plans
- Site categorisation and contamination land assessments
- Materials Management Plans
- Technically Competent Person for supervising low-risk waste activities on site through the CIWM/WAMITAB Operator Competence Scheme
- BREEAM & CEEQUAL – advice on materials management and waste
- Facilitating WRAP Design for Resource Efficiency workshops
- Asbestos surveying and management
- Environmental Management System waste audits
- Support and advice on waste permits and consents
We will provide practical advice and work with the design team to avoid, remedy or mitigate potential effects on the environment or prepare consent application documents where they are required. We will liaise with Statutory Authorities to discuss consent requirements and where required we can undertake surveys to confirm presence or absence of protected species, types of waste on site (via GI surveys) and baseline noise surveys to inform Section 61 consents. We provide the full spectrum of Environmental consents services encompassing:
- Section 61 applications
- Waste exemptions
- Waste permits
- Flood Defence Consents
- Protected Species Licences
We have new projects coming in all the time, so if you’d like to be a part of our team then we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our career page to see what openings we currently have.
Get in touch if you have a question or would like to explore how our technical experts could help you realise your organisation's dreams.